Friday, March 11, 2011

An "empty" day

I feel empty today.  Tired..... just empty.  I still find it totally unbelievable that my sweet Nathan has gone home to be with the Lord a week ago today.  How did I make it through the past seven days?  How will I make it through the next seven?  The only answer I have is, "with Jesus by my side."  He is with us as we travel this sharp twist in the road.  He will see us through.


We went out to the farm today.  Mom made a delicious chicken dinner.  It was food that filled us with nourishment and comfort.  What a blessing to us.  Uncle Wayne and Dave ate with us too.  Dave thought mom should have made pork hocks and cabbage... ahh.... brotherly love;)


We took Collin to Aunt Pam and Uncle John's for supper.  It was a first for us... packing up only one child to leave the house.... driving down the road with only one child behind us in the backseat.... coming home and getting one child ready for bed.   We have always done things in sets of two.  It seemed so unreal.  She made potato pancakes for us.  A favorite Erich remembers from their childhood.  So sweet of them to invite us.


But You, GOD my Lord...deliver me because of the goodness of Your faithful love...my heart is wounded within me.  Psalm 109:21,22

No comments:

Post a Comment