Sunday, April 24, 2011

How am I Going to Fix This?

I remember the morning Nathan passed away asking this question.  My sister was helping my get ready to leave for the funeral home when I asked her.  She looked me in the eyes and told me that I wasn't going to "fix" this.


Can I "fix" this by filling buckets with tears?  No.  The tears continue to fall and I don't anticipate them stopping for a while. 


Can I "fix" this by keeping busy?  No.  Keeping busy helps, but it always ends.  It is only a temporary fix.


Can I "fix" this with any thing on this earth?  No.  Things do not fill the hole in my heart. 


Maybe the question should be:
  
Do I have to do anything to "fix" this?  No.   
This problem I have was fixed on the cross when Jesus died for me.  This problem I have was fixed on that first Easter when my Savior rose from the dead.  


Today I am thanking my Jesus for taking care of this "fixing" thing.  I know I can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment