Friday, May 6, 2011

Tough Day

The anticipation of Mother's Day seems to be rearing it's ugly head.  I have read that the days leading up to holidays can be tougher than the actually holiday.  It appears that I'm following along in that typical range.

Elementary teachers all across America were helping children finish up the little gifts they had made for their mothers.  My classroom included.  I should have known Collin would be bringing me something too.  The intensity of my emotions caught me by surprise for some reason.  It was a beautiful beaded key chain with the letters of his name on some of the beads.  It hurt more than I imagined when I realized there would be no second keychain with beads spelling Nathan's name coming home this year.  I had to have Erich tuck it away for me.
This was a bad day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment