Monday, May 23, 2011

Our Weekend

We kept ourselves busy here this past weekend.  Here are a few highlights.

We had some family over for a cook out on Friday.  The food was yummy and the company was exceptional.  Thanks for coming!




On Saturday we went up to the farm to celebrate Mom's birthday.   We dug out a flower bed and plan to replace it with shrubs.  Less maintenance ;)



Sunday was a teacher appreciation and retirement picnic.  Our principal is retiring after 40 years of service.  What an example of commitment to leading little ones to the Lord!


 Sunday afternoon hail storm.


The school year is starting to wind down.  Only 8 more days.  This is the first year I can say that I'm not sure I'm ready for vacation.  My kindergarten class keeps my mind and body busy.  All that time at home scares me a bit.  I find some of my hardest times are when it is just Collin and me alone.  We've signed Collin up for a few extra activities this summer in hopes to keep him busy.  We want to try and avoid both of us turning into "bumps on the log"  ;)  I should work on figuring out what to do with the time when he is away.  Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Is this your new deck? It looks awesome. I am looking forward to summer as i have not found a job yet. Maybe it is meant to be.:)Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugestions???
    *There is a garden in Dale - THAT IS ACTUALLY GROWING! : )
    *A sister who needs much much help organizing her life and house.
    *Haul 'loads'. lololol
    *Hang out with nieces and nephews.
    ok ok - In all seriousness why don't you volunteer some time at a Nursing Home or Hospital. Or join a book group or any kind of group for that matter. Or do whatever your heart is telling you to do. If I know you at all you already have an idea of what you want to do.....

    love you
    vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a friend who needs some internet/computer lessons, including e-bay. . .

    ReplyDelete