Sunday, September 4, 2011

6 months

Today is 6 months.  How that happened I have no idea.  Today was a day filled with missing Nathan. I've never been a number person whether it be math or dates on the calendar.  The calendar thing seems to be changing.  I'm very aware of time.  Time that has passed and the time yet ahead of me.  Wishing I could rewind or fast forward.  I would pick fast forward if I had a choice.

Sometimes Collin will do something exactly like Nathan did... a gesture, a laugh, a head tilt.  When that happens the feelings come rushing in like a tidal wave.  Those moments take my breath away.  At first they brought me comfort, but lately it is a bold reminder of what I don't have.  

Buying new school supplies for just one child was tough.  Who knew that if I put it off to the night before school started the shelves would be picked over?  It was 7:00 Wednesday night before I finally decided avoiding it wasn't going to make it go away. Erich helped out by doing all the paperwork while I was gone.  That was a job I was dreading more than the school shopping.

There are a lot of changes at St. Paul, which is exactly what I needed.  New children to teach, new principal to meet, and new technology to learn. They have kept me very busy.  Looking forward to the new adventure I will go on with this group of kids.  

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose for them.  Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment